Sunday, August 28, 2016

Butler Fork

We left the dogs home today to do the Butler Fork Trail up Big Cottonwood Canyon.  They don't allow dogs up Big or Little Cottonwood Canyons so it is a rare occasion we ever get up these canyons.  We took the Butler Fork Trail up Mill A and did the left fork up to All Circle Peak topping out at 8,707'.  It was a gorgeous day and a bit hotter than we expected.  This used to be one of my favorite hikes.  Although I will admit it was steeper than I remember.  We explored the trail out to Bakers Pass for a ways but decided we couldn't make it to the pass and turned around.  My Garmin was on the fritz, so I just had to estimate the data.

Trailhead Elevation:  7,107 feet
Highest Elevation:  8,707 feet
Total Elevation Gain:  1,600 feet
Total Distance:  5 miles
Total Time:  3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment